For the first time in just over a year, the San Antonio Spurs will be welcoming fans back to the AT&T Center on Friday against the Orlando Magic. (In fact, last night’s game against the Dallas Mavericks marked the one-year anniversary since the Spurs last played a game in front of fans at the AT&T Center before the COVID shutdown — ironically against the Mavs.)
While the Spurs will only be operating at a roughly 17% capacity with 3,200 seats available, they will be ready to welcome attending fans back with open arms (figuratively, of course). Here is the experience fans can expect when they enter on Friday, courtesy of Spurs Sports & Entertainment:
- Double t-shirt night presented by AT&T: Every fan in attendance gets two Spurs Family Fiesta shirts with a note from RC Buford, SS&E CEO. One for them to keep and one for them to gift to help spread the fun
- San Antonio native, founding member of the global phenomenon group Fifth Harmony and multi-platinum solo artist Ally Brooke to sing the national anthem prior to tip-off
- Special welcome back message from Spurs players for fans
- Coyote recap of the last 12 months in a way that only Coyote can!
- Spurs Hype Squad to deliver (in a socially distant way) surprise and delight gifts for random fans
If you’re attending, fans are required to adhere to the following safety guidelines:
- Mobile health pass is required for entry. It takes a few minutes to complete so be sure to download the CLEAR app and complete the screening before you go
- Mask: Bring a mask and wear it anytime you’re not eating or drinking
- Measure: Bags up to 6” x 8” with a maximum of one compartment are allowed. If your bag is too large, we now have Binbox as an option for you to store your bag onsite for a small fee
- Go touchless: Download the Official Spurs App. You’ll need this for parking, touchless ticket scanning, mobile food ordering with Spurs Pay.
Tickets are also available at Spurs.com. How many Pounders are planning on attending a Spurs game this season?
Welcome to The Thread. Join in the conversation, start your own discussion, and share your thoughts. This is the Spurs community, your Spurs community. Thanks for being here.
Our community guidelines apply which should remind everyone to be cool, avoid personal attacks, do not troll and watch the language.