It’s been over a year since I’ve asked for applications from those who are interested in the chance to contribute to PtR. The site isn’t suffering from a lack of writers right now, but I occasionally receive emails from people interested in volunteering, and the off-season is the perfect time to review submissions. Here are some of the types of work that it would be great to see from people who are interested in helping us deliver excellent content to our worldwide audience:
- Analytics/statistics-driven writing
- Copy editing
- Sneaker/apparel-based content
- Social media talent
Anything that you think would help fans of the San Antonio Spurs share their enthusiasm on this site is welcome. The more creative you are in sharing your support of the team, the better off the community is.
How to apply
1. Tell me about yourself: Send me an email stating your interest in joining the PtR team, and addressing the following:
- Make the subject line: “PtR application: [your name]”
- Describe how you would like to contribute to PtR based on what you know about the site, staff, and social media presence.
- Describe what you hope to gain from contributing.
(1a. If you’re already an active member of our community, please include your user name as well so I know who you are.)
- 2. Include a writing sample: Send me a link to no more than two published pieces that you feel best represent your talent.
- Attach a response to the questions our staff answered in the last In The Bonus:
I add writers as needs arise and as talent surfaces, but this kind of invitation isn’t a regular occurrence and I hope anyone interested will respond (even if you’re tried in the past) so we can continue to improve Pounding the Rock, and grow as our readership grows.