Coming off the loss to the Nuggets, the Spurs came out with plenty of offensive firepower Sunday against Cleveland. San Antonio suffered it’s first losing Rodeo Road Trip record since 2014-2015 after losing 4 straight, but the Sunday matinee was a great way to end the annual trip. San Antonio built a 14 point lead at the beginning of the fourth with a 16-0 run that started at the end of the third quarter. The Spurs held the lead, and won 110-94.
- Danny Green came off the bench to score 22, including 5-9 from 3. Rudy Gay played his second game after missing 23 straight and had 4 points in his 16 minutes, but proved to be a great defensive presence.
- Points in the paint killed the Spurs for the first 3 quarters, down 40-22 to Cleveland after 3 quarters, but outscoring the Cavs 12-10 in the 4th.
- LaMarcus Aldridge led the Spurs with 27, his 44th game to do so. LeBron James led all scorers with 33 and came 1 assist shy of a triple double.
- San Antonio’s bench was outscored 47-38, but the Spurs starters dominated the game.
- The Spurs had 10 turnovers, leading to only 11 points, while they forced 16 turnovers, scoring 29.
The Spurs have the Pelicans at home Wednesday at 7:30 p.m.