San Antonio played much better than their previous game against Philly on Friday night. Even though LaMarcus Aldridge only had 15, the Spurs still pulled out the W, thanks to 6 players in double figures, including 15 from the ever-incredible Manu Ginobili.
- The Spurs cut down on their turnovers, only having 7, but could only force 9 from the Kings.
- The first quarter was already an improvement for the Spurs, scoring 29 in the first quarter after scoring only 13 in the first quarter Friday against Philly.
- The Good Guys had no players in double figures at the half, but Bryn Forbes came alive in the second half to lead the Spurs with his new season high of 23 points.
- Sacramento seemed lost defensively much of the night, and San Antonio took advantage, shooting 44% from deep, and 50% overall.
- After going into halftime down 50-49, the Spurs put together a strong 3rd quarter, outscoring the Kings 30-19, including a 14-0 that continued into the 4th.
- The Spurs controlled the game in the paint, outscoring the Kings 50-20 and out-rebounding them 52-34.
The homestand continues Tuesday against Denver