Once again, we're meeting in my back yard to watch the Spurs on their quest for a sixth title. Come on down and watch the Spurs play the Rockets in game 3.
When: Friday, May 5 at 7:30 PM (Game starts at 8:30, if you arrive super early, you will be recruited to help set up)
Where: It's in the backyard of my house in Southeast Austin, just south of Oltorf and east of I35. Details are in this Facebook Event. Please RSVP if you're planning on showing up so that I can know how many are attending.
UPDATE: So far about 10 people are confirmed through email and personal contact. There's lots more room and more beer.
- RSVP either on Facebook or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the number of guests so I can plan for how many will be there.
- Drive carefully; this is on a residential street with children and pets.
- Children and well-behaved pets are welcome, but please keep dogs on leash.
- Bring a chair or blanket to sit on.
- Extra credit if you help me clean up the mess and put away the gear after the game ends.
- If it rains, I'll reschedule the event for game 4 on Sunday night.
- Go Spurs Go!
Food and Drink items I will bringing:
- Brisket and sausage from the local barbecue joint
- Tamales (vegan and non-vegan)
- Fancy sodas, Topo Chico (mineral water) and some beers
- If you're good at cooking, make something you like to make, I'm sure everybody will like it
- Bring whatever you like to drink, but don't overdo it.
- It's not a contest. If all you want to bring is a bag of chips and a coke, that would be awesome. Just have fun and enjoy the game.