Because you can insult the Mavs in any language
(Thanks to Borosai from ST.com)
Tonight is Noche Latina, so we get to see Los Spurs play at Dallas versus Los Mavs. That's worked as great for us in the past as White's sombrero did for him, so I'm definitely looking forward to it.
Now, there's some stuff going on at work lately, so I didn't have the time for a proper review. I'm typing this on a laptop while semi-hidden in the emergency stairs, so today I'm going to take a page out of ATS's book and write one of his classic "Hack Previews" (c).
On we go:
- Point Guard - For those of you who don't love Tony... Kidd could be your point guard instead. Ever thought of that? Eh? I wuv him.
- Off Guard - Meh. Manu's wheelchair could destroy Wright.
- Center - The Twin Towers are back, Timmy! Aren't you happy?
- Power Forward - Bonner guarding Dirk. Kurt, warm up, you're going to be subbed in 3 minutes into the first quarter.
- Small Forward - Howard is an MVD (Most Valuable Douche) candidate. I want Finley's streak to finish now, so that he can start another one right before the playoffs.
- Bench - Terry, Barea, Bass. I want Pops to dunk on each of them twice before his stint with us is over.
- Coach - I bet Pop reads blogs. I bet he screws with people's minds to read the comments. I bet his nick is... adam?
- Intangibles - They just lost to OKC without Durant and that other dude, whatshisface (ESPN, why won't you hire me?). We're probably enjoying post-contract afterglow.
- Mojo - Cuban. 'Nuff said.
- Winners - Las Espuelas. Perra. (¡Bloqueado!)
Keys To The Game
- Keys - Are for people with time to either watch the Mavs, or look up some stat sheets. ATS says they're good defending the 3, so hey, let's try to get our guys open.
- Hill - Needs to play well or he'll meet Pop's doghouse. It's not a pretty place.
- Pops - See you next season. (Could we switch his legs with Ian's through some evil combination of magic and surgery?)
Some other reading
Mavs fans: they exist.
The Two Man Game (TrueHoop Network blog. Has ESPN fans.)
Mavs Moneyballt (SB Nation blog. Has Mavs fans.)
Blog Maverick (Cuban's blog. Linking to it makes me feel dirty.)
Other things of possible interest
- Travel - LeBron did it.
- Gooden - I think this guy's bananas, but still worth reading.
- 2010 - I think RC wants to get LeBron. Just sayin'.(Compare that to other hopeful teams.)
- Prank War - The new prank has finally happened, and it's goooood. And it even has something to do with basketball. (If you don't know what I'm talking about, go watch the previous pranks, loser!)
- Atom - Hm. I found this interesting... Does that make me creepy?
- Duck Sim - A Spurs game without Manu or the kidz, only it's a duck.
- Flash games - Ruin your life. But play it anyway.
- Banned - I bet there's someone childish enough to find this funny. Hipuks?
Check this game thead at gametime for specific links to good quality feeds. If you arrive late in the game, there game feed links are usually among the first 50 posts of the thread.
OneNation (This is an archive of NBA games, but it hasn't been updated lately.)
BitTorrent Davka (A torrent site where you will find most of the latest games in the league. Bookmark.)
Recap: I think Stampler's recaps might even make Matthew crack a smile. Whoa!
No time for music. You may hum instead. Oh, and Rikkido gifts us with a mix of past, present and future:
Oh noes! It's on the run!
EDIT: Pops has been released. He truly was a midnight Winter's dream.
SAN ANTONIO –
The San Antonio Spurs announced today that they have released forward Pops Mensah-Bonsu from his 10-day contract.
Mensah-Bonsu appeared in 3 games for the Spurs where he averaged 5.0 points and 3.3 rebounds in 6.7 minutes. He also spent time with the Austin Toros, the Spurs affiliate in the NBA Development League. In eight games with the Toros, Mensah-Bonsu averaged 26.6 points, 13.0 rebounds, 2.4 assists and 2.50 blocks in 39.8 minutes.
The Spurs roster stands at 14.