Hipuks you thrill me!
Latin's contribution to the preview. (The Lakers would be Darth Vader)
19 games to go. Spurs have to get in playoff form. Suddenly every game is more important, every mistake less torerable.The Lakers are a ruthless team, so good that yesterday they won without Lamar Odom. This game could either be a giant step forward, or a hilarious slip on a banana peel.
George Washington, one of our founding fathers, once said, "Let it be told to the future world … that in the depth of winter, when nothing but hope and virtue could survive…that the city and the country, alarmed at one common danger, came forth to meet (it)..." My point? The entire future of the United States depends on this game. The ball is on your court, Spurs.
Crapola preview after the jump:
- Point Guard - Tony Parker is young and extremely fast, Derek Fisher is old. Old people are useless, therefore, Tony should make Fisher pay dearly for his mistake of growing old.
- Off Guard - We can only hope Kobe has an off night...or that he's feeling trigger happy. When Kobe shoots a lot, the Lakers offense comes to a screeching halt. Mason needs to have at least 57 points for the Spurs to have a chance.
- Center - Tim Duncan needs to give a 110%, think out of the box, go for the low hanging fruit, create a win-win situation and do something or another with synergy. Pau Gasol is as soft as a marshmallow, but he can score. He needs to be killed.
- Power Forward - Pop needs to threaten Matt by saying if he doesn't have a good game, he can't eat Subway for a month, and he'll take away his Pontiac Grand Prix. If Lamar Odom has a good game, we're done. Therefore, we should question Odom's birth certificate and eligibility as President, wait that can't be right...
- Small Forward - Finley needs to play the game of his remaining life, which isn't too long. Trevor Ariza...Hey, if you replace the "a" with an "o" and add "na", it spells Arizona! Cool.
- Bench - We have Hill. He has long arms, makes pretty layups, and he's beautiful. They don't have Hill. We win.
- Coach - The battle of the titans. Two of the best coaches in the game face off in a grueling game that may decide who's the next champion. Or maybe Pop tosses the towel in the first quarter. Either way, Pop has a better beard. Advantage pop.
- Intangibles - We played a beautiful fourth quarter last game. If we can do this for every quarter, plus more, we could probably win.
- Winners - The FSM will decide. May we be touched by his noodly appendage.
Keys To The Game
- Trickery - We need to tell Pau Gasol to wear three coats because the stadium is really cold. An old lady needs to convince him to push a shopping cart because it's too heavy for her. Someone should tie a dog to the shopping cart.The shopping cart should be full of cans. With his face, he will be mistaken for a homeless man and kicked out,a loss the Lakers will sorely miss.
- Evidence - As Kobe walks into the stadium, an FBI agent should walk up to him and casually say,"The DNA matched, we are onto you".That will probably throw him off his game, or not.
- Defense - We need to clone Bill Russell.
Some other reading
Everytime you read about the Lakers, Osama Bin Laden smiles. Is that what you want?
Other things of possible interest
- Hipuks - Is good at finding stuff.
- Sandwiches - Only you can't eat them.
- Star Trek - Can't wait for the movie, myself. In the meantime.
- Crime - Sure seems to pay.
- LatinD - Also has some stuff to share.
- The Ultimate List - Of videos that will make you waste your life away. Bell, CapHill, Lauri, gals, this one's for you. Guys, this one's for you.
- It works - Most of the time.
- Obama action figure - In case you were wondering where my pic came from. I love Japan.
Check this game thead at gametime for specific links to good quality feeds. If you arrive late in the game, there game feed links are usually among the first 50 posts of the thread. In case SiMA logs in: The game is on TNT. Don't ask for feeds for like 10 minutes before realizing the game was on tv all along. You're welcome
OneNation (This is an archive of NBA games, but it hasn't been updated lately.)
BitTorrent Davka (A torrent site where you will find most of the latest games in the league. Bookmark.)
Recap: When are the girls gonna do a recap?