Your national champions might just get even better. Yes , better than the team that demolished the Heat. Lets look at how their roster will shape up for the next season.
The usual suspects : Tim Duncan will be back , Parker and Ginobili have nowhere to go. Leonard will start shouldering more burden now.
Re-signing important role players : This is on top of the Spurs list right now. Patty Mills and Boris Diaw headline role players they need to re-sign. Both were invaluable , Patty Mills's spacing and shooting ; Diaw's distributing and defending.
FAs available : The Spurs will find , like they always do , good free agents to put into their system and keep winning. From veterans to swingmen , there is no shortage of players for the Spurs to look at. A couple of FAs I expect the Spurs to look at :
1) Devin Harris : A great backup Pg to look at , can make the needed pass. Doesn't hurt that he was on the squad that pushed the Spurs to 7 games.
2) Paul Pierce : If the Spurs aren't able to re-sign Diaw , they should seriously try to sign Pierce. Can create , pass and move well without the ball.
3) Bernard James : who? Exactly. A little old but would be a great development project.
Draft selections :
1) Kyle Anderson : Very high IQ player. Versatile. Will end up being a steal. Expect him to raise some eyebrows.
2) Nemanja Dangubic : 6'8 , 8'7" wingspan shooting guard! MVP adidas eurocamp.
Note : post taken from my personal basketball blog , truehoopsguy.sportsblog.com