I love comedy, and it doesn't have to be the least bit sophisticated, either. Fart jokes, Asians-don't-drive-well jokes, politicians-are-less-smart-than-monkeys jokes, it's all good with me as long as it's good natured and well delivered.
Even corny one-liner jokes, presented in list format, can be good enough for a chuckle. So, for the sake of honoring the playoffs, the Spurs, and that existential sense of ennui that some of us find reprieve from in humor, let's make one.
You know the playoffs have started when:
1) The mood around the team swings from "We aren't even that good anyway, why even try?" to "Totally Unstoppable Machine! The Drive For 5 Is Alive In a Hive Talking Jive to a Chive! BRING ON OKC!" in a matter of 48 hours.
2) You start forgetting why you convinced yourself you liked some of the non-SPurs players in the league, and start hating them again.
3) Your wife or other loved ones start tentatively asking, "How'd the game go?" to gauge your mood before making idle conversation.
4) Subject lines galore, and people you've never noticed post before getting into lengthy arguments w each other in the comments
5) A Spurs 3-point specialist is MIA, sadly (Bonner we knew, but I expected more from you Marco :(
6) For some reason, Bill Simmons is on your tv, not making much sense, showing the attention span of a gnat, and dropping random, outdated references and comments about the Boston Celtics
7) Pop even starts to make you uncomfortable with his intensity
8) You superstitions are reaching a point where you probably could be clinically diagnosed as having O.C.D.
9) Best. GIFs. Ever.
10) Work be damned! The Spurs have a crucial Game 1 of the series tomorrow!
I'm sure some of you can add to the list! GSG!