Here's the good news, per this Spurs.com injury update:
Spurs forward Tim Duncan underwent a CT scan this morning in San Antonio which confirmed that he has a chest contusion. He suffered the injury during the third quarter of last night's Spurs-Grizzlies game. His status is day-to-day and he is listed as doubtful for Friday night's Spurs-Lakers game. Duncan will travel with the team this afternoon when the Spurs depart for a three-game trip that begins in Los Angeles.
Nice to know we can put the fears to rest and look forward to seeing Big Fun back on the court in the very near future.
More from Pounding The Rock:
- Spurs snap two-game losing streak, beat Grizzlies in season opener
- DADDY-O! Tony Parker and fiancee Axelle expecting first child
- Morning Rehash - Opening night win: 101-94
- Spurs beat Grizzlies 101 - 94 in season opener
- Kawhi Leonard blocks a shot, then finds Tiago Splitter for the dunk