Spurs win in a wire-to-wire game, 99-95, over the New Orleans Hornets. The key to this game was Kawhi Leonard with 16 points and 5 steals in the 3rd quarter. Tim Duncan (had 24 points 11 rebounds 3 assists), was also crucial to the win for the Spurs tonight in New Orleans. Anthony Davis was also impressive in his first NBA game, as he had 21 points and 7 rebounds.
- First points of the season go to Tim Duncan from a Tony Parker pass in the pick and roll. Surprised?
- Anthony Davis scores his first couple of shots as elbow jumpers.
- Spurs offense is very up beat and active. Not too many preset plays being ran.
- A defensive lapse gets a wide open dunk from the weak-side for the Hornets. Pop immediately jumps up and calls timeout, chewing people out.
- Stephen Jackson the first sub of the season -- enters in for Danny Green.
- Spurs allowed the Hornets to score 11 of the last 12 possessions, and paid for it.
- Starting the quarter is Gary Neal, Danny Green, Stephen Jackson, Matt Bonner, Tiago Splitter
- The Spurs have Stephen Jackson on Anthony Davis here. Interesting look.
- Offense for the Spurs going stagnant. A lot of bricks off the rim.
- On the other hand, the Hornets getting whatever they want.
- Spurs not playing any sort of pro-level defense. Hornets shooting 54% FG so far
- Spurs pick up their offensive game a little towards the last 3 minutes of the quarter.
Tony Parker 15 pts 1 ast 1 reb
Tim Duncan 10 pts 3 rebs 2 ast
Stephen Jackson 5 pts 4 rebs
- Starting the half are the starters. They start with a full court press which throws the Hornets off
- Spurs D is starting to increase in intensity. They are pressing more, taking risks with stepping into the passing lanes.
- If you guessed Kawhi Leonard would come alive in the 3rd quarter, you were lying but also correct.
- Kawhi stepping into passing lanes, leading fast breaks, making 3's.
- This game was turned around single handedly by Kawhi Leonard.
- First sight of Patty Mills, as well.
Kawhi Leonard 16 points 5 steals
- Starting the 4th: Patty Mills, Gary Neal, Danny Green, Stephen Jackson, Tiago Splitter
- Spurs bring in their starters about 8 minutes in.
- To say the Spurs fell stagnant halfway through the quarter is an understatement.
- 5 turnovers in the 4th quarter so far for the Spurs.
- The Spurs running their offense through Tim Duncan down the stretch.
- Tony Parker with a clutch 3 with about 50 seconds remaining.
- Stephen Jackson with a clutch defensive possession forces a shot up for the Hornets. Tim Duncan rebounds, gets fouled. Makes 2/2