Soobum Im-US PRESSWIRE
- To start the game, both teams are coming up with a lot of passes but no results.
- Spurs decide to run the offense through Tim Duncan.
- With no Manu Ginobili tonight, Stephen Jackson subs in for Danny Green
- Kawhi Leonard with back-to-back points, one a baseline move for a layup, the next, an alley-oop from Tony Parker.
- San Antonio's favorite* lineup of Gary Neal, Danny Green, Stephen Jackson, Matt Bonner, and DeJuan Blair makes an appearance at the end of the 1st.
- Spurs trail 25-21. Wizards shooting 75% FG
- Pop ran a lineup of Gary Neal, Danny Green, Stephen Jackson, Matt Bonner, DeJuan Blair through the first half of the 2nd quarter. It didn't work out. Jan Vesely tore up our defense.
- Spurs have tried letting different players run the plays, such as Gary Neal and Kawhi Leonard, but none have been as successful as Tony Parker and Tim Duncan, tonight
- With how terrible the Spurs have been, they tied the Wizards at 45 with 1:52 left in the half. They overcame a 13 pt deficit.
- Spurs trail 48-47 at the half
- Wizards come out of the half shooting back-to-back 3 pointers.
- Pop must have made a HELL of a halftime speech because the Spurs come out playing some pretty fluid defense.
- Patty Mills given minutes in the last 3 minutes of the 3rd. Immediately makes an impact finding open players on the fast break.
- Spurs gain the lead 74-66 after a great quarter of defense.
- Tiago Splitter seeing his first action of the game, starts the 4th.
- Halfway through the quarter, Nando de Colo gets his first minutes. New HVC?
- Over all, Spurs defense allowed fewer easier shots and second chance points to the Wizards, when compared to the first half.
- about 4:30 left in the game, Pop uses a lineup of Cory Joseph, Patty Mills, Nando de Colo, Gary Neal, Josh Powell. (Ultra small ball). Tiago Splitter re-entered a few minutes later for Gary Neal.
- This lineup finished the game for the Spurs to a 100-85 victory.