Steve Mitchell-US PRESSWIRE
Updates from the stream:
- Danny Green scores the Spurs first 5 points for the Spurs
- A few defensive breakdowns leads Coach Pop to take an early timeout 9:36 into the 1st
- Miami TV announcers calling Kawhi "The tough defensive-minded" Leonard
- First off the bench is Manu for Danny Green
- Ending the quarter on the floor was Nando de Colo, Gary Neal, Manu Ginobili, Stephen Jackson, Tiago Splitter. Small ball, anyone?
- Tiago gets an and-one dunk on a broken play. In the next play move he spins up and under for an easy lay in. Looks very fluid.
- Eddy Curry first to see action between him and Derrick Brown
- The Earth quivers as Gregg Popovich uses the Curry/Diaw combo in the 4/5 slot. Other names: "The Seismic Offense"
- The end of the quarter consisted of an Eddy Curry and Boris Diaw ran offense. Yeah, I said that right.
- Starting the 3rd: Nando de Colo, Danny Green, Kawhi Leonard, Tim Duncan, Boris Diaw
- Josh Powell sees minutes in the last 4 minutes of the 3rd -- No Derrick Brown.
- Gary Neal drains a 3 from WAY outside draws the Heat to take a timeout. Spurs up 84-74
- Spurs cause 10 turnovers for the Heat in the quarter. Very good defensively.
- Derrick Brown still not getting minutes in this game -- Might not for the entire night. On second thought, Spurs have a game tomorrow night in Orlando. He could play tomorrow.
- Nando de Colo looking very strong on both ends of the court -- stealing passes and leading the fast break.
- In crunch time, the Spurs utilize Cory Joseph, Nando de Colo, Danny Green, Josh Powell, and DeJuan Blair
- A very competitive, close game down the stretch. Spurs were only up 2 with 2:20 left in the game.
- Spurs couldn't come up with the lead in the end, 101-104