In reading the brilliant Series Preview created by the PtR Team (Fantastic chops, by the way), I thought about our exceptional basketball trio and another Rock Group that may more closely resemble our Holy Trinity.
Here's my Rock choice for the Big 3.
- A Trio whom most casual music fans consider boring. But in real life this group likes to Joke and fool around and around with the best of them.
- A Band with all the bling (records), but little to no music establishment acceptance. They've sold 24 gold records and 4 platinum which place them third behind The Beatles and The Rolling Stones for the most consecutive gold or platinum studio albums by a rock band.
- These guys have been eligible for the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame since 1998. And unlike our Big Three, it's very unlikely they will ever be voted into the HOF. (Damn you to hell, Jann Wenner!)
- A somber, media-shy intellectual drummer who is the backbone of the band. He sets the tone and pace of each performance, and need I say, many consider him the Greatest of All Time. GREATEST. OF. ALL. TIME.
- The exceptional bassist/vocalist/keyboardist who's unorthodox performances give this band it's heart and soul.
- The excellent lead guitarist whom many deem the least of the three members. But that is easily forgotten when he decides to take control of this group and shows his expertise.
- A Band who only now, as they near the twilight of their career are finally garnering the respect and recognition they deserve.
- Millions love them in a cult like fashion, but especially those crazy Brazilians.
- There's nothing more joyous than watching these 3 work together.
That's right... In my eyes, your Big 3 are RUSH.