This summer I'm traveling from my hometown of Richmond, VA to San Antonio from April to June so I can see the Spurs< /a> hopefully win their 5th title. I've never seen them play live and I wanted to see Tim, Tony, and Manu make a run for the title before one of them retires. I'm a now or never kinda guy so I decided this summer will be THE summer.
1. Having never been to a Spurs game, what should I expect? How much are tickets come playoff time, and how early should I line up for tickets? Do they usually sell out?
2. What is the nearest beach? I heard the beaches in Texas aren't the best to put it nicely, but have never been told why. What really makes them worse than beaches of other places? I've seen pictures that make the water look blue in some places where is that? Is it blue and see through?
3. What venues are in/around San Antonio that usually hold musical events like rock or hip hop besides the AT&T?
4. What Amusement parks are around? What makes them great?
5. Has anybody been scuba diving, parasailing, skydiving or something of that nature in Texas? Where? Was it worth it?
6. What are some unique places to eat? Places I have probably never seen. Are there any reasonably priced seafood restaurants? Buffets?
7. What are some good public places for fishing? Fresh & Salt water.
7. I've heard that there are many things to do and see in San Antonio. I know of the Alamo, and Riverwalk but I hear there is much more. I have heard of what I believe is called Fiesta San Antonio. What exactly is it and when?
tl;dr: I'm going to be in San Antonio from April to June. Whats there to do when the Spurs aren't playing?