No joke, no catch. I got two free tickets to Saturday night's game for buying a washing machine from Home Depot. I had been planning to go with my wife, but alas, she has come down with a fever today, so we're probably not going to make it unless she makes a miraculous recovery.
Sorry I haven't been around much this season. In a nutshell, here's what's been going on since the season started...
1. My father in law died.
2. I had to finish my last semester in graduate school and graduate (while working full time).
3. I applied at a bunch of places and had a couple of job interviews.
4. I started a new job where I'm working 50+ hours per week.
5. I've been studying for the FE exam (Fundamentals of Engineering), the passage of which is the first step towards becoming a licensed engineer. It is sort of like a bar exam for engineers, except that it's about engineering topics (structural analysis, thermodynamics, mechanics of materials, site work and surveying), so it's hard ;-)
6. We are selling our house, so I've been fixing it up to get it ready.
So that's why I haven't been around as much. I've hardly seen any games this year, so as far as I'm concerned, RJ will still figure it out, Tony will come roaring back, Manu is still Manu, and we'll make some noise come playoff time.
Anyways, put some comments in to convince me that you deserve these awesome tickets. Flattery works well, but so do humorous links and photos. I'll decide who gets them in a totally arbitrary and unfair fashion, then contact the lucky winner to arrange to deliver them. I'll still be traveling to San Antonio in the morning and leaving around 2 pm, so one condition is that you must be available to pick them up around then.
Let the contest begin. May the best Rock Pounder win!