Well. Okay then. This much, at least, I know:
- The good news: if we hadn't been sloppy as hell out there, we'd have won. Manu and TP shot a combined 10-24; that's not gonna happen too often. Plus, we were sloppy as hell, and ordinarily we're good at not being sloppy as hell. 'Course, ordinarily JFK was good at not getting shot in the head; just because it's not a habit doesn't make it less horrific when it happens.
- Jacque Vaughn stepped onto the court tonight. Best Case Scenario: Pop is giving the JV a little play to attract some GM desperate for a savvy veteran leper. Worst Case Scenario: Pop thinks that the JV has a legitimate excuse to be wearing a Spurs uniform that doesn't involve selling Spurs uniforms.
- Tim Duncan was created when military scientists, after countless failed experiments with pieces of structural lumber and streusel topping, finally achieved the Ultimate Stud Muffin. 9-19 be damned, he was a hoss out there tonight.
- Qbitz is a goddamned Spur. There is no statistical category that tracks catching up with an opponent on the fast break and swatting away easy lay-ups, but we all know the truth. Now if only he could get more than six minutes in a game that could have used a lot less JV and even a smidge less TP.
- Matt Bonner looks great! Let's trade his ginger-whiskered ass quick, maybe he's got somebody fooled!
- Timmy sat on a cameraman's face. In a week, the cameraman's oncologist will be at a loss - he's never seen a cancerous face-lesion go into remission that fast. The FDA will fast-track approval for over-the-counter sales of Tim Duncan ass sweat.
- Quelle dommage - Le P'tit Francais is not yet in top form. Shooting struggles aside, we don't seem to be getting in the extra pass with him running the point. What if we gave *him* some time in the second unit? With him slashing and Mason at the arc, we'd have a deadly drive-and-dish pairing that could put up serious points against an enemy second unit. 'Course, we'd have to find *somebody* to start at PG. Maybe somebody with long arms and dreamy brown eyes a fella could get lost in...
- Seriously. Can somebody please go Kathy-Bates-in-'Misery' on the JV? At this point I'd rather see James Caan in black and silver.
- Rasheed Wallace needs to get Tim Duncan to sit on his head. It would fix his attitude and cure that freaky little grey patch on the back of his skull.